Monday, November 7, 2011

Edamame?

Exactly what I thought when I heard edamame for the first time. It was more like eda what? I get it now and am so glad. I had heard about it and thought it sounded cool but never found a recipe with it... until now. I guess I should explain what edamame is. It is a soybean that is packed with protein. It looks like a lima bean but does not taste like one at all... good thing, I'm not a big lima bean fan.
They're cute little guys. So along with this little green friend were 3 other delicious and nutritious ingredients. Scallions, snow peas, and red peppers.
Before adding the goods, I browned pieces of chicken in a skillet.
After browning the chicken the other ingredients were allowed to hang out in the skillet.

I think they all enjoyed hanging out together... they all made each other look so good! Sometimes I think cooking is like art. Now, my artwork is equivalent to a kindergartner and I've come to accept that, so when I cook and it looks so purty I feel I have contributed something to the art world... and to my belly.

After my beautiful-art-in-a-skillet cooked through a bit I added the sauce. It was a combination of orange marmalade, soy sauce, chicken stock, hot sauce, and ginger. Oooo laa laa it just got prettier.


But just wait, that's not all... here it is ready to eat.


Doesn't it look great? I'm realizing I'm showing off this dish like a mom shows off all 74 pictures of her baby doing the same thing in each picture. I don't blame those moms. I'm doing the same thing and spaghetti covered in soy sauce isn't quite as cute as a baby. To each her own, right? 


I really enjoy making oriental-style dishes. They are light, which digest so nicely, yet still full of flavor!

This recipe is from Rachael Ray's Look and Cook cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment