Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3's Company

Brace yourself... this is going to make your head spin. I am giving you not one, not two, but THREE dinners in one post! Yes, you heard right. Awesome, I know. And, really these meals could not be more different from each other. Sometimes I choose which meals I want to talk about but I couldn't choose, I want to show all three!

So, here goes

It starts with an oriental style dinner, more specifically a Korean-style chicken with spaghetti noodles dinner. There was so much flava in this dina I thought I would show the goods...

All of those and then some were combined to make the sauce for the dish. While the sauce was being stirred up, I was browning some chicken with cabbage, red peppers, and scallions.

Isn't that purty? I love how fresh it all looked... and tasted. While all this was happening in the skillet I was boiling spaghetti noodles to later add to the veggies and chicken.

In goes the pasta, the sauce, and to top it all off, sesame seeds. Oooo la la looking good!


That was dinner #1 now on with #2

Like I said before, these dinners are not similar at all. Which makes dinnertime throughout the week fun. This next one is more on the Mexican side. I made a tortilla soup that was so easy it was ridiculous.

Onions, chicken stock, some spices, a huge can of tomatoes and voila, soup!

I know it doesn't look too appetizing but just wait. To the soup I added a couple cups of chicken from a rotisserie chicken... loved doing this! It made the soup taste flavorful and I didn't have to do a thing to prepare the chicken. Then to finish off the soup before it went into the bowls I added some cilantro... my herbie friend,  I grew it myself and was so proud of my herbie for doing its thing in my soup!

And that's about it for the soup. Simple and very tasty with some tortilla chips to soak up all the soup in the bottom of the bowl and for dipping.


Now, the finale, the third dinner in the trio. The piece de resistance... really this was go-o-od.

From Korean, to Mexican, to Italian... the last dinner was a whole new ball game for me. I was making risotto. The picture made it look so creamy and good, but I was a little leery of how I would do. The verdict- it was pretty easy. It took some time to stir in the stock little by little to make the creamy consistency but it was well worth it. This dinner had two recipes, lemon risotto and orange balsamic chicken. When I got the risotto cooking I started the chicken.

After cooking it on both sides with some salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and rosemary, the orange balsamic sauce went over it with some scallions on top...

Bubbly, saucy goodness going on in that pan. The chicken was bathing in it. And I was bathing in the smell!

On the plate it was pretty but eating it was even better. Both the chicken and the risotto were packed with flavor and my taste buds were soooo happy.

How did these three meals make me feel after a few hours... great!

Meal #1- recipe found in Rachael Ray's Look and Cook. Meal #2- recipe found in Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook. Meal #3- recipe found in Rachael Ray's Look and Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment