Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ravioli, I like ravioli

I used to sing a song with my kindergartners last year about ravioli and now every time I eat it, I sing it. And, since I ate it recently, instead of just singing about it I'll write about it!

This recipe was the first one I made in our new humble abode. And it is literally that, humble. Nice and small and cozy. When we completely unpack everything I'll have to show some pictures. So this was the meal I made for Jeff and I and my mom and dad. Now there are 4 people enjoying a meal. Which is exciting because I love cooking for people!

It's a very simple recipe. It's called Ravioli Lasagna. Yeah, I know, put both of those lovely pasta dishes together and you have pasta goodness. This isn't your same ol' lasagna with the thick pasta noodles, the meat, and the sauce. Oh, no it was better, in my opinion.

First, I layered the bottom of the dish with sauce and put a layer of ravioli on top.

Oh, side note. I also made homemade marinara sauce. I was feeling a little daring and thought I'd give it a try. It wasn't too shabby. I have to admit, the thought of making my own sauce was very intimidating, but this was cake. And the best part... I knew what was in it. That's been a theme with my excitement of cooking. I can choose what I put into my meals. So, later on I don't think, "hmm what could it be that's making me feel this way..." I can pin-point it and avoid it next time.

Back to the main event- the ravioli!
Next, I  layered on more sauce and some spinach and... cheeeese!

Then, more ravioli, more sauce, and more cheeeese!

Then, it gets baked and all the cheesy, ooey-gooey, yummy goodness melts and forms a de-licious pasta meal.

Put some garlic bread on the side and mmm... I'm drooling and it's not even dinnertime yet!

How did I feel later on? Since it's pasta sauce and all... pretty good. Which means this recipe is a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment