Friday, August 26, 2011

On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese...

I found that this delicious meal was not too friendly with me.
 Well, it's not that it was awful. I mean it tasted yummy. But my little Italian friend (not my husband), made me feel full all night. And I'm not talking "oh, no thanks on that ice cream, I'm not hungry yet." It was more like "I don't want to eat anything for the next 5 days full." I must admit though that I could eat an eight course meal and when I feel better bring on the ice cream... I have a slight obsession.
Hello, my name is Emily and I love ice cream. So, when my fullness wore off, which took longer than I thought, I was ready to hit the scoops. Nothing stands between this girl and her ice cream... seriously, nothing.
But the 4 hours after dinner and before my sweet love, er, I mean ice cream, I was a little uncomfortable. I didn't hurt, I wasn't really cramping, I was just full. Which is bearable and I'll take that over any discomfort.

Here's a breakdown of my ingredients. Maybe I'll find the culprit of why I felt the way I did.
Pasta- spaghetti noodles from Trader Joe's
Sauce-roasted garlic marinara from Trader Joe's
Chicken- white meat chicken breast (one butterflied to make two cutlets) from Trader Joe's
Cheese for the top- Parmesan and Mozzarella (from Trader Joe's)
Broccoli with cheese- broccoli from... just guess
Bread- garlic bread from Giant Eagle, Alexia brand it's all natural and sooo good.

So, as you can see we like shopping at Trader Joe's. Oh and by the way the ice cream, yep from TJ's too. I'll post more on that in the future! My thought is the spaghetti sauce. This isn't the first time I've felt like this after spaghetti. It could be the tomatoes, citric acid, just the acidity in general. I don't really know.
Hmm, it could be the fact that when it comes to pasta I tend to eat a lot of it. Portion size=happy belly (most of the time).
So my meal last night wasn't a winner but there's always next time. And if all else fails...
Oh, with pretzels of course. And, no both of those bowls aren't mine.





1 comment:

  1. As I started reading this post I saw the picture of the ice cream and you had my attention at it's fullest! :)

    ReplyDelete