Thursday, September 1, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

Ahh, guacamole, my love. Sorry ice cream, but if I had to choose what to eat with my tacos, chips, or anything dip-able it would be the guacamole. And speaking of tacos... that's what this post is all about. Yo quiero taco!

Usually, when I make tacos  I use chicken, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese... oh and sour cream-for my husband. So when I decided I was going to make tacos this time around I wanted to spice it up a bit, give them some flare, some pizazz, some gusto, some... you get the idea. I still used chicken but that is it for my original, dare I say boring, tacos that are so 2010. What? Anyway...

On with the tacos, andale, andale!

First, or should I say numero uno, I made the mixture for the rice. The mixture was everything verde... green!
Spinach leaves, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, and green onions- all mixed together in a food processor.

I have never cooked with a jalapeño pepper before, but I knew to take all the seeds out so it wouldn't be too hot. Isn't it so cute?

After everyone danced around in the processor for a while I set it aside in a bowl to mix with the rice later on.

Next came the actual taco part, the goods on the inside. I seasoned the chicken with different spices and let that cook. Then I took it out of the pan and put in red peppers and onions.

I also made corn and fire-roasted tomatoes while the peppers and onions were doin' their thang.

Because of my love for guacamole I had that too. And an avocado... I have never, like the jalapeño, cooked with, or cut an avocado. It was tricky. I knew to take the pit out but that's about it. I wanted it to look pretty like I see in restaurants, the nice little half-moon slices, nope not mine. I did the best I could.


After mixing the rice with my green-saucy-mixture and warming up my tortillas it was dinner time!



Oh, muy, muy yummito! It was a fiesta in my mouth.

The verdict on how I felt a few hours later... good! Oh, my little Spanish friend,  te amo!

Just a couple things. First, the recipe is from Rachael Ray's website, I can't take the credit. But I did add and delete a few things to make it my own. Second, I deeply apologize for my attempt at Spanish... that's all 2 years of it in high school got me... Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment